Friday 12 August 2016

Saying goodbye to some very good friends

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me. It was sweet because again I was able to see some of my good friends from ISM who, unlike most of international volunteers, are here all year. It was bitter because it may be my last time for a while. We had a group meeting, which was my last one this year and who knows for how long.

Abed and Murad are two of our Palestinian members, who do an awesome job helping activist visitors get connected where we are needed and are there for important support, including legal if necessary. Neta is an Israeli member, and one the the co-founders of the group, and also plays a huge role in supporting us and the group. I have known them all for a long time. In addition to being great activists, they are also good friends.
InshAllah I will see them again one day, I hope God blesses them and all other Palestinians and Israelis working together against the injustice here, for the work they do.

With Neta and Abed

With Murad and Abed

No comments:

Post a Comment